Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty Ltd Pty Ltd ACN 602 872 391 (collectively, “we”, “our”, “us” or “franchisor”) and our “City Discount Tyres”,” Ian Diffen City Discount Tyres” and “Marks & Wallings City Discount Tyres” franchise network policy on collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
1. What Personal Information do we collect and why?
We collect personal information:
- for the purposes of recruitment and employment (“Employment Information”); and
- for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. Generally, we collect personal information from you when you apply for employment with us.
The type of personal information we usually collect:
- your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers and email address; and
- information contained on identification documents (such as driving licences) where we require these to verify your identity.
Personal Information in relation to Employment Information may also include CVs and resumes, education, qualification, language skills, medical information and emergency contact details.
2. How we may use your Personal Information
Employment Information may be used for recruitment, employment and human resource management purposes.
3. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you:
- as required by law or law enforcement agencies;
- to/from human resource and payroll services providers who have agreed to keep the information confidential; and
- to/from third parties to verify the accuracy of the information that you provided to us.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
While we are unlikely to disclosure personal information to overseas recipients, your personal information may be disclosed for the purposes listed above to any third party IT service provider overseas or to our franchisor, Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty Ltd Pty Ltd and its related entities in Japan. It is unlikely that your personal information is transferred to any other countries.
You consent to your personal information being disclosed to these overseas recipients.
4. Security of and access to your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is:
- up-to-date; and
- stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Upon your request, we will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests. Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting us.
5. How to complain about a privacy breach
If you believe we have breached your right to privacy of personal information, you may complain to us at first instance, and, if we fail to respond, or you are dissatisfied with our response, to the Office of
the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) who investigates privacy complaints from individuals.
Before you can lodge a complaint with the OAIC, you will generally need to complain directly to the organization you are complaining about and allow 30 days for it to respond. If you do not receive a response (after 30 days), or you are dissatisfied with the response, you may then complain to the OAIC. Here is a link for more information on how to lodge a complaint with the OAIC: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
6. How we will deal with a complaint
We are committed to keeping your personal information private, and in all cases we will treat your personal information with no less protection than that provided for by the Australian Privacy Principles and the privacy laws that are in force in Australia. However, if you believe we have breached your
right to privacy of personal information, we will carefully review your complaint and aim to reply within
30 days of receipt of the complaint. To make a complaint, please do so in writing, to us. Contact Address: Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty Ltd Pty Ltd, Compliance Office, Level 1, 650 Mt Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039.
7. Changes or updates to this Policy